Monday, November 11, 2013

QUILTER'S QUEST 2013

Spent the Saturday on a bus full of other quilting nerds taking part in Quilter's Quest 2013 -- my local quilt shop hop.  I wasn't able to do the entire Quest this year, as I couldn't get off work to make the first day of the bus trip and, frankly, doing even half the Quest on my own is not something I'd call fun.

Too much driving time, not enough shoping time.

However, I was able to get in five of the ten shops that were taking part this year  -- and two of them were shops I'd never been to before.  All in all it was great time and I met some thoroughly wonderful women on the bus who, while many of them had done this trip before, together, made me feel very welcome.  I also got some wonderful suggestion for local guilds to join and some retreats that really sound fun.

In the next few days, I'll be sharing pictures from each of the shops and the goodies I bought at each one. I always start these type of adventures intending to merely buy each shop's charm pack and pattern, but usually end up filling a suitcase with fabric.  This year was no different.

First up, Patches Quilt Shop in Mt. Airy, Maryland.


This shop is actually one of the closest to my home, although I don't get here often enough.  It really is a lovely shop and in the forty-five minutes we spent there, I managed to purchase some really great fabric.

Grabbed a few yards each of two different Virginia Tech fabrics and a matching orange tone on tone.  I know a few Tech grads that would love to have something made from these, as well as maybe doing up some knitting project bags to sell on Esty.

I also found two fabrics for my bestie, a knitting fabric and a beer fabric -- and then a wonderful blue crab fabric that I know the locals will love.





No comments:

Post a Comment