Monday, December 16, 2013

FABRIC BOX TUTORIAL LINK

It was a very productive weekend for me.  It was a bit snowy and icy here this weekend, so tons of cookies werebaked (mostly my ginger/molasses white chocolate chip cookies, but also a few pans of Matzo toffee) and I also got a lot of quilting and quilting prep done.

First up, a fabric box done with Penn State fabric for a friend of mine.  She's a knitter and was asking for a small container to hold a ball of yarn inside one of her project bags.  I think she'll like this.


I used a tutorial I found on Seaside Stitches and had it done within an hour.

I then tried making my first box bag.  Not as big of a success -- as I think I did something incredibly stupid and put the zipper on the long side of the fabric rather than long, so I ended up with a rather long, skinny bag :-)  But it still looks cute and I think I'll just set it aside for my own use as it is not really "gift" quality.


I finished up with getting the material cut out for three baby quilts I am making using the Triplet pattern, by Norma Campbell.  You end up getting three quilts and can vary the layout.  I have one to do for a little boy and one for a little girl, so I decided to use both blue and pink and then yellow.  Then I'll have an extra baby quilt the next time I need a shower present!




1 comment:

  1. These many years later, I find myself looking for Norma Campbell's pattern. Is there any info on your copy about where I can get in touch with Norma Campbell?

    ReplyDelete