Monday, January 13, 2014

WAKE UP TO KONA BLOG HOP






Welcome to Day 6 of the Wake Up to Kona Solids blog hop!  A hop focused on quilts made from Kona solids!

Today is my turn at bat and if you make it through to the end of this post, there might just be a wee give-a-way!

First, before jumping in I'd like to thank Madame Samm from Sew We Quilt for organizing this wonderful hop, and Carol from Just Let me Quilt for shaking her pom poms for all of us!

Wake Up to Kona Solids Blog Hop was inspired by the new book Color Essentials by Amanda Murphy from C&T publishing, as well as Aurifil, and, of course, the lovely Sunrise and Sunset Kona bundles by Robert Kaufman.




      
The Kona Solids I went with for my quilt were Amethyst, White and Artichoke, purchased online from Canton Village Quilt Works.
The pattern I used came from My Quilt Infatuation's Easy Peasy Chevron Quilt Tutorial.

I loves me some HSTs and I'd never made them the way this particular tutorial details.  I am in LOVE....yes, it takes a bit more time pressing and starching the HSTs because of the bias edges, but it well worth it and creates a beautiful, crisp block.
I also have to stress here that my mind was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY focused on SPRING when I chose these colors and made this quilt.  I've had enough of this dreary, snowy, icy weather and needed something bright and cheerful.  And without further ado, the quilt I call Chevron Spring Dreams:










Please take the time to visit my fellow January 14th playmates for more gorgeous quilts made from Kona Solids:
January 14

The Cosmic Quilter – you're here!

And, since you sweated out this very long post, a little payment for your patience and a big thank you for "hopping" on over to visit me!  Atkinson Designs "Pockets to Go" pattern and five fat 8ths in assorted pink prints.
Just leave a comment, and if you follow me, tell me how in another comment and get a second entry! The winner will be picked on the 21st!



No comments:

Post a Comment