Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A BRAND NEW YEARS DESERVES A FEW GOALS, YES?

For the first time, I've had a chance to sit down and take a deep breath and realize that 2014 is actually here.  I know, no one should be that busy, and yet I am.

I sat in bed last night and wrote out a few things I'd like to get done this year.  Not really resolutions as such, but just some targets to aim for.

Losing weight, always top of the list.  This year, I need to add keeping it off, so that I don't lose and regain the same 30 pounds again this year.  I joined Gold's Gym over the holidays hoping that the guilt of paying for that membership each month would get me exercising regularly.  So far, I have been able to make that particular guilt trip a short one.

I'd also like to get more involved with dog rescue and the two rescues that I volunteer with.  I can't adopt another dog (there are already three in my house), but I would like to do more short term fostering.

Here is my newest baby, Max, doing what he loves best, napping on the sofa.  Like mother, like son.



As for quilting, I am in the process of joining a finish along (hopefully will be posting about that tomorrow) and would like to sign up for some more blog hops and link parties, as well as grow this tiny blog a bit.  And on that note I found a link up for small blogs at Lily's Quilts!
Lily's Quilts
And before I forget, as I did once before, here is a holiday project that didn't quite get finished this year.  A dresser runner, that just needs to have the binding sewn on and it will be ready to give to my sister when I see her next.  My first time with meandering quilting -- not perfect by a long shot, but better than I had thought it would turn out.





Linked here:
Lily's QuiltsWIPs on Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment